My Quilting/Sewing Cottage

My Quilting/Sewing Cottage
****************************My Little Piece of Heaven *****************************

Thanks for Stopping By





Thanks for Stopping By!!

Friday, June 24, 2016

Other Projects

I found a free pattern for a yoga bag and made one as
a fathers day gift for my father-in-law.
 
It went together super easy and was a fun project to make.
I've also been doing a little crocheting at night while watching TV
 
this is a simple little throw I've been working on.
I've never used variegated yarn before so I decided to give it a try
with a simple v stitch. I don't hate it, but don't think I will use
 variegated any more.
And
I thought I'd show you my hook case I made to keep my crochet hooks
all nice and tidy.
I added a little slot on the outside to hold my scissors close and
easy to get to while crocheting.
Don't look too close at my Velcro - haha
I can NEVER get my stitches to look nice when sewing Velcro so
I have just given up.
Any tips??
 
I love my crochet case.
It makes me happy every time I pick it up.
As a bonus I don't have to open it every time I
continue working on my project, my needle, scissors, and hook
are all on the outside of the case waiting to be used.
(I just tuck my hook into the strap on the outside of the case, you
can see a peek of it in the first picture - its orange)
I also have another blanket I'm working on for my grand-daughter.
I'll share that one later.
 
I hope you are having  a fun day!
until later - carol
 


2 Thoughtful Comments:

Brenda said...

You are not alone when it comes to the Velcro sewing stitches. LOL. So no tips here. But, I did want to tell you how much I like your throw with the variegated yarn, it is very pretty and so inviting to snuggle up in. Plus your crochet case is a fabulous idea and is adorable! I love the bright cheery fabrics that you used. Thank You for sharing everything! Have a fantastic creative day!

Carol said...

Brenda
Thanks. I used 'I Love This Cotton' yarn and it really is so soft to touch and easy to work with.

Post a Comment